- Controls bad breath while reducing plaque and tartar
- Soothes minor gum irritations
- Contains Chlorhexidine - the most effective anti-plaque antiseptic
Advanced Oral Care from Nylabone
- 80% of all dogs suffer from periodontal disease by the age of 3 (Source: American Veterinary Dental Society)
- Preventative dental care reduces the risk of developing oral disease, which can lead to serious issues for dogs and cats
- Establishing a daily routine of proper dental care may extend the life of your pet
Nylabone, the makers of safe, healthy chews since 1955, also has a line of safe and healthful dental care items. “Over 45 million dogs in the United States currently have oral disease,” says Mike Connelly, Vice President of Marketing for Nylabone Products, “and periodontal disease can lead to more serious and life-threatening ailments such as lung, heart and kidney ailments.”
In addition, many of Nylabone's products contain Denta-C. Denta-C is a scientifically-formulated blend of ingredients including Vitamin C that is clinically proven to reduce plaque that harbors bacteria, and Sodium Hexametaphosphate, a safe, natural detergent found in nature. Together, this power-duo helps control the build-up of plaque and tartar leading to bad breath. The end result is healthier gums, whiter teeth and a healthier pet.
This product is best used on your dog every day. It is recommended that you withhold food and water for about 30 minutes after spraying to prevent dilution. Licking lips and teeth will help spread the product out and ensure an even coating is achieved. After two to three weeks, start wiping your dog’s teeth before spraying to remove loosened plaque. After a month or two, you can reduce the applications to a few times a week, but be sure to keep up with regular maintenance to prevent future tartar issues.
Gently lift dog’s or cat’s upper lip to expose teeth and gums. Liberally spray each side of mouth, coating teeth and gums. Apply daily to maintain good oral hygiene.